Sunday, January 31, 2010

Keep on Trucking...

Does you ever feel like there's not enough time in the day? It seems like my life is about details...lots and lots of details that need my attention.  This morning I did prep work to help finish the flooring project.  I moved all of my books out of the sideboard so we can easily move it tomorrow and relocated my birds to the laundry room.  The birds are such loves, but a little high maintenance in the cleaning department.  I've considered finding a new home for them, but Peaches has been with me for over 10 years and they do make me smile.  They don't get out as much as they used to, thanks to the Chief, but they still are very tame and like to be handled. I did laundry, cooked dinner for the boys and even managed a short trip into the studio before work.  I hope to get some more machine time when I get home from work, but we'll see how I feel.  I've finally figured out it takes twice as long when you have to rip out what you screw up when you're tired! Only took me about 40 years to figure that out!

2 comments:

julia said...

I've figured that out, but I still get in a hurry and have to rip things out!!!

Donna said...

Hi Mary,

I'm Donna Rodgers from Texas and I wanted to say Hi! I love reading your postsII'm from Homemaking Made Easy and you signed up as a follower on my blog. I wanted to say thanks and take a minute to visit your blog. Wow...love your clothes!! I've been bogged down too...so much going on and not enough time to sew. Are you a volunteer firefighter? My husband was too in Washington state. I love England and wish I hope to visit some day..in the meanwhiles..I'll just read your blog!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...