Saturday, January 23, 2010

Knock it off...

Sometimes you strike a bargain in RTW that just cries to be knocked off.  I ran over to the Nordstrom Rack on my lunch break today to see what was new and found a couple of things that came home with me.  One was a really cool top in a leopard print with an empire waist, dolman flutterby sleeves and a cowl neck. Originally $70.00, marked down to $24.75 with 75% off!!!  Love the Rack!!!  Now I know you are probably saying..."WTH" right now..."Aunt Mary has lost her everloving mind!" This top is darling.  And ripe for copying.  So that's what I shall do.  I really like how it's constructed and it should be one of those quick easy knit tops for when I am long on creating but short on time.  The other piece was a cute cream colored cardi to go over those Spring dresses I am dreaming of.  I did complete another project yesterday (that I am sworn to secrecy about but will disclose soon) and received my drop from Fabric.com.  Insane...I ordered on Tuesday and the goodness arrived on Friday!  A big ol' box of fabric that is all perfect!!! This won't be on the shelf for long!!!  Later...I need to get off the computer and make a pattern!

2 comments:

julia said...

It sounds like you made a great buy!!!
I think getting a whole box of fabric goodness sounds like winning the lottery or something!

Unknown said...

Great find! I can't wait to see how you did the knock off. Creating a pattern sounds so hard. I can sew something, put it on a dress form then make changes after, but I've never made a pattern.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...