Monday, April 25, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays...

No...I'm not going to let them get me down. Even though I stepped in dog poop twice today (Thanks Jo). Who poops in the garage when the door is open and there is abundant areas to do your business? Why did he choose to do it right at the driver's door as I was loading up some things to take to work? Who does that? Evidently Jo does! Anywho, I ran errands this morning before work and found the most amazing Maggy London silk sheath dress at the thrift store! The floral print is as fresh as a Spring day and it made me smile to look at it. Hopefully it will make Tom smile too! I picked up a couple of other dresses lest the warm weather decides to return. It's gotta come back someday, doesn't it? No sewing today, but I picked up the bedding plants for the garden...next Saturday is the target date for planting. I always love the feeling I get after planting the garden and then comes the anticipation of everything coming up! Fun stuff! I fear I may have planned for too much again...it never fails! Tom said we could work up the area behind the beds...that might be a great place to plant the winter squash. I am planting brightly colored chard this year...it looks so beautiful in the picture. I saw some started as bedding plants (starting chard??? It grows like a weed!) The colors are very pretty...I like pretty food! Tomorrow is dedicated to painting a sign for the fire guys...it's election time and there are 3 seats up for grabs.  I always know when Tom asks "Are you off tomorrow?" that he has some task for me. That's okay...I like to paint! Well, break is over, best get back at it...

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...