Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pride Goeth...

Before a fall...blah, blah, blah...the fit of the dress was not as great as I thought. I made a bunch of adjustments to the pattern based on my measurements. I don't know where the error was made, but the dress ended up too big! Guess that beats too small! I ended up cutting out everything I added plus redrafting the bodice to eliminate the excess in the armscye. The invisible zipper turned out fabulous and I think the fit is as good as it gets, so maybe tomorrow is the day. We have a few errands to run and I have a quickie fire department job coming in tonight. NCIS repeat of the season finale...can't wait for the new season to start!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...