Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rolling...

Don't know why the song "Proud Mary" is stuck in my head, but life does seem to be rolling on. It's been another busy week. I didn't get a chance to snap a pic of my special dress. The day was long and I was busy at work. By the time I got home it was a quick change and down to the firehouse for dinner. I helped a friend move on my first day off and then had a pleasant visit with another on my "Sunday", which actually is a Wednesday for all you Monday through Friday workers! Add to that taking care of my sweet Baboo and getting things ready for hunting camp, not alot of extra curricular sewing going on! I did manage to cover the cushions for the LaPine window box seats last night (they were just foam covered with batting under their covers...the horrors!) and plan to work on the zip off upholstery covers today before I head to work. I have been drying tomatoes and plums. The tomatoes are still ripening but soon the frost will come put an end to the summer bounty. I am starting to clear out the garden beds that are done and button up the garden for the winter. I am reading "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn and have my Kindle loaded with lots of interesting books for winter. I downloaded Calibre yesterday to manage my e-book library. What a great little program! Don't know why I never did that sooner! You can arrange all your books by whatever category suits your fancy and there is a conversion feature. Technology is amazing when it's not being annoying! Well better get back at it because work will come soon enough. Happy Sunday/Thursday to you all!

2 comments:

Linda L said...

Thanks for posting about Calibre. I watched the demo and will need to do that again. I have an iPad and Sony Reader. I have lots of downloaded books to various app readers on iPad. Calibre had some interesting features. Sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you.

gMarie said...

Oh Mary that Calibre program sounds amazing! I'm glad life is going well for you. We are settling into summer almost being over. I love Fall - more dog walks and more sewing time! g

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...