Saturday, March 22, 2008

Quick Check in

Duty called and I had to go to work, so I did not go down to the hospital today. Ma is making great progress considering the injury she sustained. She still can not talk, but does make some sound when she gets excited, which we all applaud. She understands everything and is writing and drawing to communicate, albeit with her left non-dominant hand. She has had a lot of visitors, so one less hopefully will let her rest some. Sara and Bryce went with Tom today, so I'm hoping her firstborn granddaughter will excite her to sound. She improved so much from Thursday to Friday, so hopefully this trend will continue. Of course there will be plateaus, but I feel very encouraged. Ma is fiecely independent, and I am sure that trait will serve her well in her recovery. I just worry so about her blood pressure and her dislike for conventional medicine. I am not opposed to alternative therapies, but as a nurse, I am a believer in using what works best to achieve the goal and that is a safe blood pressure. No major sewing for awhile, but I may be able to serge a seam here or there and take finishing projects with me when I go south on my days off. Ma has a lot of work ahead of her, but she's never been one to back down from a challenge, so it's onward and upward. Thanks Sharon and Christina for your thoughts and prayers...I truly appreciate them! Mary

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...