Saturday, March 15, 2008

Retro Hippy Girl

I am wearing my new top to work. I have dubbed it "Retro Hippy Girl". I totally love the fit (thanks to my Valentine's day dress form...I shall name her "Valentine") and the fabric is a funky bohemian paisley patchwork cotton in rust, ecru, shades of turquoise and gold accents. It was a "what the heck" purchase from Fabric Mart from the 99 cent clearance while they were having a 25% off everything sale. It was worth it at that price even if it ended up a muslin, but I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it well enough for a wearable garment. I had the perfect rust grosgrain ribbon for trim. It may be a little out there for a work outfit, but hey...it's Saturday and administration is not around, so why not??? I will try to get a picture taken of me in it tonight...otherwise you may see Valentine sporting it. Next up I plan to work on my quilt block swap as Margie is going to Seattle at the end of the month to meet Linda and has graciously offered to deliver our blocks to her to avoid paying postage to Canada. That's motivation enough for me to get moving on it, especially since I think Linda is my swap partner in the next month or two anyway. Besides, it's pretty easy to crank those babies out when you group your operations. I also plan to trace out some BWOF patterns, as my project table is almost empty. I just have one summery top, the shorts for my BWOF pjs and the green coat left to finish. Time to start cutting again and prepare for the mini wardrobe contest at pattern review. I have several ideas, but have not committed to the patterns yet. I received my last box of patterns yesterday from ebay...I think I will cool it for awhile buying patterns...I have quite a few now and if I can't find something to make out of those plus BWOF...I am in trouble!!!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...