Saturday, July 26, 2008

I love Vintage Patterns

I survived the double shift and actually did some sewing before crawling into bed last night. I have been having some insomnia issues, due in part to the menopause factor, which I don't even want to go there!!! Moving on...I started on a 50's vintage wiggle dress, Simplicity 2549. I searched for a picture on line, but could not find this pattern. It probably is worth a lot of money and I cut it up. Whoops!!! The dress is sleeveless with an interesting collar detail. There are two different views...one with the slim wiggle type skirt and the other with a full skirt. I asked Mr. Man and he preferred the slimmer skirt...something about a full skirt making my hips look gigantic??? I can handle the truth. The dress has been cut out for some time, so I started by marking and sewing the darts in the front and back of the bodice. I am thrilled with the fit...the darts are giving the garment a wonderful shape that makes my shape look good...lets just hope the skirt does the same thing for my hips! I hope to work on the dress this evening if the stars align right, but Mr. Man may want to go do something fun like a bike ride, which that would be acceptable too. Tomorrow starts the nurse's retreat...our counterparts from San Rafael are coming to Oregon, so I will be busy entertaining them for the next couple days. We have lots of fun things planned...a day at Casey Eye Institute and then a trip to either the Rose gardens or Japanese Gardens and then dinner at the Portland landmark Jake's Famous Crawfish. I may be MIA for awhile.

2 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

I love vintage patterns too but have yet to sew too many of them. I can't wait to see this 50's vintage wiggle dress you're working on!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

It's always fun to have friends come in town. I feel like it's a win-win--I love to see them and spend time, and then we they leave I love being back to my normal routine. The dress sounds fun!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...