Friday, July 4, 2008

My New Bike!!!

On a whim yesterday afternoon when I got home from work, my husband and I went bike shopping. My boss' son has a bike, board and hiking store in town and so we went in there to get some good advice and you know we had to come home with new bikes!!! Tom was looking for a mountain bike that he could use to go hunting and to ride to work. We only live 1/2 mile from his fire station. I, on the other hand, was looking for a comfortable road bike that could handle some light trails, but no hard core off-roading for this girl. This is what I got...a 2008 Jamis Citizen 1 in a pearly white. It is so pretty, which of course is important as I am touring the countryside. My new helmet is pretty too...white (to match) with aqua flowers. The seat is very comfortable (wide for this big ol' butt!) and has it's own shock absorber for going over those ruts!!! We have a great old PGE road that follows the river and is blocked to vehicle traffic...it's where I like to go run...we took a spin to the furthest dam. It was so fun...I felt like I was flying. To be honest, I don't think I had seriously rode a bike in 15 years...the last episode was an adventure where we got lost biking around the lake and it turned into an all afternoon bike ride, which was not at all unpleasant while you are on vacation! We have another route that I am excited to ride...the Springwater trail
which extends from Boring to Portland, with interesting places to stop along the way. I think our new bikes will lead to great new adventures...Now if I can just keep it upright!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Looks like a great bike! Is it flat in Orgeon where you live? Here in the Pocono Mountains bike riding is always a chore (uh, maybe I mean good workout LOL) 'cuz riding is either going up a hill or going down. You'd have to be on a main road for it to be "relatively" flat.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...