Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Treating myself...



I have been working mad overtime lately, so I treated myself to a mini shopping spree at Fabric.com this morning. (Okay, truth disclaimer, I don't really need an excuse to buy fabric and sewing stuff...any reason will do!) On top of all the sales flyers they conveniently drop in my mailbox, Fabric.com is now having web Wednesday sales. I missed out on the $1.79/ yd knits last week...there were three different fabrics left when I opened my email, but none of them really worked with my wardrobe plans, so I passed. What I did buy today was Jalie 2794 Sweetheart top pattern. I have been drooling over all of the beautiful tops people have been making with this pattern, and even though I am a little late to the party, I think I can still be in style. I also picked up some knit fabric to make a dress of Butterick 5206 Chetta B, the faux wrap dress. I bought some black fold over elastic to do the trim rather than cut bias strips (lazy, I know) Here is the fabric for this dress. I love the greens and teal. I almost went with the eggplant colorway, but I think these tones will look better with my hair.
I also bought a yard of this black and white print to make the top from Butterick 4789 There's always room for black and white in my closet. I finished the Vogue fishy, fishy faux wrap skirt an hour before I had to go to work, so I wore it to work today. It is very comfortable and flattering (I think), but the only problem is that if a big gust of wind comes up, your skirt is gone with the wind!!! Not a great skirt for walking the streets of Gresham!!! I have several more projects in the works and hope to be finishing and cutting out more. Seems I can't get that back table empty!!! I also have taken up another hobby. I know, I really needed another one! My daughter makes amazing jewelry and I have asked her to teach me. She is self taught and says I could do it from a book, but what fun would that be? I bought some things at JoAnn's the other day when all the jewelry making supplies were 40% off. I'm thinking Christmas presents here!!! Tomorrow is my only day off from work and then I'm working a double of Friday...more fabric???

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love those fabric choices! Can't wait to see the finished garments.

jenifer said...

I would also like to learn jewelry making alongwith you.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...