Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In and Out...

Not the burgers, although I hear they are fabulous, especially if you know the special code words! My life lately has been a whirlwind between work and shop building and back to work and embroidery jobs and on and on... It's been exhausting but fun too. I took my blind friend Kellie shopping for some new clothes. I had been promising her a trip for awhile now, but our schedules didn't jive, and so last week we just made time to go. I wish I had taken pictures, but we were on such a time crunch, we only had time to eat and shop! I will catch some photos of her wearing some of her new finds when she wears them. We did so awesome in the shopping department. Sears has an outlet store in Clackamas and you can get some great deals on clothing there, but like any outlet, timing is everything. I did some reconnaisance shopping before I picked her up from work and found some cute things I thought she might like. (I also found some great buys for me, but this isn't about me!). We stopped at Applebees for dinner to fuel up and then we hit the stores! During dinner I quizzed her on her likes and dislikes (purple and sparkles) and discovered that she didn't really have a lot of knowledge about shopping or what would look good on her (she's petite and adorable, so that was pretty easy). She explained that she went blind when she was 8 years old, and being a tomboy, she really didn't care about fashion and neither did the people around her. Clothes were just a functional thing. Well welcome to Mary's funhouse! I feel like I may have already blogged about this, so if I did...sorry...anywho, suffice it to say, I hooked her up with some great clothes and I'll let the pictures do the talking (when I get them!) Last weekend I drove straight from work over the mountain to help Tom with the shop. Enjoyed a horrible thunder storm that dumped mega rain in a short period of time. That was a fun drive, let me tell ya. The CRV handled the swamped roadway like a champ and even the freaky little Pom was calm (which is a first!) Tom had to tell me about his "little mishap" of dropping a trim board on his face as the black eye had not faded! Men! He was okay and I took some pictures to document it, but left the camera with him to take some progress shots of the building. The weather continued to be a factor in our work, but we busied ourselves with things that could be accomplished in the rain, like insulating the pump house, putting up bats (Tom kept dropping the measure board on me...sensing a theme here? No black eye, but thank goodness I have an appointment with Laurie for a massage tomorrow! I painted a little on Monday before the rain came down in earnest and I had to head home for work. Did a double shift yesterday and now it's back to my regular work schedule. Heading back over for the weekend and then jetting back on Monday to pick up Disney, Kellie's husband's retiring guide dog, for a brief stay while they go on vacation. He's a lovable guy and at the end of the week I will hand him over to his other sitter as it will be time for the Oregon Jamboree! We get to camp out with our Jamboree family and enjoy some great country music! Whoo-hoo! Wow, I'm exhausted writing about it all. Guess I better get cracking on the embroidery jobs before work. And just so this is not another pictureless boring post...here is the latest fail delivery from Fabric.com:
Why would they send a cut of fabric like that? Waiting to hear back from customer service. There is still some of that fabric left, so maybe they will replace it. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Jane M said...

Oooh, I do love that fabric print so I hope they have more of it for you.

gMarie said...

That print is fun, sorry it was so buggered up. I just ordered from Fabric.com and the one thing I really needed - wasn't in the box at all. geez! g

Maryissewfast said...

I'm so sorry Gaylen you didn't get the one thing you really needed...I thought it was just me that Fabric.com didn't like! Dirty buggers!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...