Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's going on...

Got you humming Marvin Gaye now, didn't I? I love Marvin Gaye, but that random tidbit is not why I'm posting. My plan is to work on the shelf bra tutorial after work today. (Damn work interferes with sewing!) Interestingly enough, the other day Tom and I went to town to run some errands and our last stop was at the steel yard for Tom to get some materials to make a new ramp for his trailer. I sat in the truck and waited. Thinking it would be a good time to jot down a few notes for the tutorial, I started rummaging around in the glove box for some paper to write on. I found an important piece of paper that Tom had been looking for! He was so happy he said "You deserve a new sewing machine...oh yeah, you already got one!" I had considered working on the tutorial yesterday, but my daughter was still at the house yesterday when I got home from work and I chose to spend the time with her rather than holed up in the studio! She told me that Bryce got his official orders and that they may be leaving the first part of September rather than the latter part as previously thought...Waaa!!! Okay, I had my pout, I guess I can be happy for them about their exciting adventure. But I sure will miss those kids! We watched a movie, went to the library and then flung food at each other via Facebook. I then cooked dinner and we flung craisins at each other til Papa made us stop! It was just like old times!!! Jo was excited about the flying craisins...he loves dried fruit...especially pineapple...crazy little dog! Other sewing plans today include a revision of the CWC knockoff...it was good but a little big...also in line for construction are some of the tops I had cut out in preparation for the Evolve's return. As an aside, I must say I am very impressed with my new Babylock Espire! It sails over bulky seams like no tomorrow and is quiet and smooth...the painful memory of the old Brother is fading away...Now to get through work and on to the studio! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm looking forward to going up through your blog posts and reading your tutorial. And Marvin Gaye? My CD that I burned in my car includes "What's Going On" and "Sexual Healing". There's nothing like Marvin's singing to help one find their groove.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...