Monday, October 19, 2009

Operation Team Edward DONE!!!

I finished up the Team Edward box last night and this morning I posted it to the kid's APO address. I am very curious how long it will take to get to England and get through customs. That will be good information to figure out how soon I need to send their advent stockings. I stopped at my favorite thrift store and picked up a piece of beautiful wool plaid in a smoky blue/gray colorway. They also had a new box of patterns, so I picked up a bunch of them too. I think I am the only one who takes patterns because they hang out for a long time. Let me know if there is a particular pattern you are looking for and I will keep an eye out...Free is a very good price. We got to chat with our girl this morning...it's so funny...I say "Good morning" and she says "Good afternoon"...I'm fixing breakfast and she's cooking dinner. We were able to do a 3 way skype conference, which was fun. I love technology...I would be a wreck if I couldn't talk to my baby on a regular basis! I bumped up my workout this morning and now need to scoot into work early. We are working towards automating our charting which will really be helpful to be able to access records at our San Rafael campus. Here is a parting shot of the last Twilight goodie to be stuffed in the box...

4 comments:

Susan said...

Love it!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

That was fast! I'm so jealous your thrift store has fabric *and* patterns. Mine has neither.

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Kat said...

Hey Mary. I have a question for you. What kind of Internet connection do you have to use Skype?

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...