Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas is Coming!!!

And the gift thing is in the bag! I am feeling very comfortable in the gift giving category and can concentrate on other things...like sewing for me.  I finished the digitizing project yesterday afternoon and discovered that I really need to practice more often with the program. As with everything that you don't use very much, I forget the little tricks that make the process easier. I also figured out something I didn't know while completing that project, so it was a worthwhile venture. Plus it felt good to present the sample design and tee shirt to receive big hugs and appreciation (no monetary compensation required!) I also spent an hour playing my keyboard, which was a lot of fun (and frustrating). It's hard to learn a new skill, especially when you are a perfectionist and as with all new skills, it takes time to develop. The keyboard has the capacity to play one-key chords, which I know is cheating, but makes it easier to focus on the melody line. I am learning the chord positions as well, but it is fun to play something that sounds remotely like a familiar tune! The keyboard also adds in fill in accompaniment, so it sounds pretty good with minimal user input.  I like it...I like it a lot!!! Anywho...what to sew first...the Pendrell or the new Vogue cowl top...Or how about that new Maggie London??? Decisions, Decisions...I picked up my copy of Eclipse this morning...perhaps a Twilight marathon is in order. After the Civil War game of course.  Go Ducks...Go Beavers!!! What??? I ride the fence!!!

2 comments:

Valerie S. said...

Ducks, of course ;)

gMarie said...

Yea you! I'm working on the butterick dress and trying to decide if I really want to add a bust dart in a knit dress - yes, I could gather it in the side seam ....

I know - just go do it! We did manage to paint the yellow walls yellow yesterday and touch up the green walls. Today - I'm not helping - hubby can measure cut and paint the molding all by himself. Because trust you me - he won't be helping me put the studio back together. g

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...