Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sewing ADD

I think I have it. Sewing ADD, that is. I get so many ideas and plans going and I start projects and then start new projects before the old projects are finished. Sound familiar? I did accomplish quite a bit today, but I was scattered. I needed to change the thread on the serger before starting the Vogue cowl tunic, but I wanted to finish the aprons I started a couple weeks ago, so I did that first. Since I was spending some quality time in the studio, I had to throw some things on the embroidery machine. I embroidered a new towel with a retro Grandma's Kitchen design plus another potholder with the Urban Thread's design "Coffee-You can Sleep when you're Dead". Next I whipped up the cowl top in a wool jersey knit that I picked up at the thrift store.  I have to say that this pattern is a real winner...soon to be a TNT! Here it is on Valentine:
I had an Indiana Jones marathon today. It's hard to believe how long ago those movies were made. I forgot how handsome Harrison Ford is. This evening I watched Sarah Palin's Alaska. Kate Gosselin and kids came for a visit and the Palin's took them camping. Kate Gosselin was miserable and packed up her brood to head back to civilization after lunch. Sheesh!!! What's a little rain? It looked like they had an awesome camp set up...I want to go camping with the Palin's in Alaska!

3 comments:

Irene said...

You're not the only one with seeming sewing ADD. I rather envy those people who churn out one item or outfit after another in a constant stream. I have the best of plans -then life happens.

Anonymous said...

Great top! I think sewing ADD hits everyone now and again. :)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Wool jersey in the thrift shop--what a fantastic find! Looks like a fab top.

I have to be very strict with myself about the ADD. Not fun sometimes, but I have very few UFOs.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...