Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Cue up the music...I would add it to my blog, but blogs that have blaring music when I open them up annoy me, so I will refrain. There...you have the ugly.  My blog chronicles not only my sewing adventures (and mis-adventures!), but is a little slice of my world, raw and unvarnished. So this next story is kind of bad.  My husband's stepsister got married yesterday. No big surprise, we knew she was engaged and the wedding was to be this Summer. I was going to make a dress for her sister Gabe to wear...something chic, but appropriate for a young lady. Apparently all the wedding preparations started getting too overwhelming and they decided to have a simple ceremony at the justice of the peace.  That's cool...I applaud their decision to do what is right for their life. I didn't even mind reading about it on Facebook, which seems to be the way we all communicate these days. Lottie said they would like to have a reception or maybe an anniversary party later on...CRAP!!! This is the bad part! I looked at my husband and said "I think we forgot our anniversary this year!" He got the same deer-in-the-headlight look and said "I'm sure glad you forgot too!" We kind of laughed about it and agreed that we still consider April 15th (our first wedding) as our anniversary! But here's the good...we celebrate our union every day. So what if we forgot what day it was that we officially said "I do"? The important thing is that we do! Here's an example of what our union helped bring forth...the cutest reindeer in the world!
Regularly scheduled sewing posts will resume tomorrow.

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...