Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Big Dump Truck o' Patterns

My morning started with this little guy coming for a visit. He decided he needed to work out on the treadmill. I tried to get some cute pictures, but it's hard to do when they are as quick as this little man! He went home after noon and so I took a trip to a little thrift store in town that is only open twice a week. They had a couple boxes of patterns that were FREE! I brought home 22 (and gave them a donation). I also picked up a dump truck for Hayden for a buck!!! He will love to play with it.
Some of the patterns were true vintage from the 60's and some were newer. I got a gorgeous Maggie London dress pattern...I love Maggie London.
I did manage to get some sewing done...I did 3 embroidery samples for a potential client and finished some edges on Kim's dress. After dinner at the Fire Station, I made a lasagne for tomorrow night. The first hummingbird of the season came knocking at the window this afternoon, so I whipped up some hummer food and hung the feeders. I love watching those birds. Maybe tomorrow I can snap a photo of them.

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...