Sunday, April 13, 2008

And the Bozo Award for the week goes to....

Mary!!! Some days it's difficult to keep it all together! I was so excited for the birthday party of my little man. Somehow in my mind I thought it was yesterday. I shopped like a mad fiend after work to get his birthday present. Annie said Travis set a moratorium on toys, but I had to stick a few fun things in the bag (geez...you only turn one once!!!) I dutifly bought diapers and wipes as requested and got him a cute pair of camo shorts and a top to match. Tied the bag together with a helium filled Pooh balloon and wore a nice outfit to work so I could jet to the party when I returned home. When I got home I found my honey sitting at the table eating lunch with jeans and a tank top on...not your usual party wear. I commented that I did not see anybody at the pizza parlor on my way home. Tom said "I'm not going...you go alone" I was flabbergasted!!! He couldn't contain himself anymore and blurted out "The party is next week" Evidently Travis called shortly before I got home and asked "What are you doing?" Then the cat was out of the bag. When Trav came over later he thanked me for coming to the birthday party...I either need new glasses or I was just so enamored over the cute picture Annie put on the invite that I messed up the date. Oh well, I spread chicken manure in the garden beds and fired up the tiller to mix it all up. Still too early to plant (darn it), but the beds are ready. The afternoon was not a total loss and I am ready for next weekend's party.

On to Music Monday...I know it is technically Sunday, but I am working a double shift tomorrow and there will be no time for blog posting. This Monday's selection is KISS, specifically Gene Simmons. I was a teenager in the 70's, which was a great time for music evolution in my humble opinion. The great thing about KISS is they are this hard rocking fetish type band with their wild clothes and make up, singing party anthems like "I want to Rock and Roll All Night (and party everyday)" and then turning around and singing a love ballad like "Beth" And then there's the tongue. Who doesn't envision Gene Simmons' tongue when they think of KISS? Well, probably someone who doesn't care for KISS, but this is my Music Monday. Gene has kept his following alive with the A&E reality show "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels"...Entertaining stuff. I don't know how much of this is made for TV titillation vs. real life in the Simmons' household, but I find it amusing, so I watch when I can...

As for sewing...the green retro dress is in progress. I have the bodice draped on Valentine. I hope to finish it this week so I can wear it to Hayden's birthday party...take 2!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...