Monday, September 1, 2008

Music Monday...Photographs and Memories


Happy Labor Day!!! Today's post is a tribute to a great singer/songwriter who died too young. I tend to listen to many different types of music, but some are just classic and I will love them for all my days. Jim Croce is one of those artists that I never tire of listening to. He has been playing in my studio for the last couple of days and it takes me back to my youth. Jim Croce's music is also a compliment to my man, Neil Diamond, who has also been rocking the studio. Whether it is a fun story song like Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown or a haunting ballad such as Time in a Bottle, you can feel the song. Jim Croce didn't need big amps and gimmicks...a simple acoustic guitar accompaniment was all that was required. Here's to you Jim...thanks for the photographs and memories.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Simple acoustic guitar. Yeah, that's a good style. Have you seen John Mayer's rendition of Tom Petty's classic Free Falling on MTV? Oh my gosh! I love it. Better than the original IMO although my DH begs to differ. And it's just his voice with the guitar. Mmmm! Gotta download that song.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

My favorite is "Operator". I'll always love that song. I love Neil Diamond, too, but don't tell anyone. ;)

Maryissewfast said...

I love John Mayer too and yes, my name is Arizona...your Neil Diamond secret is safe with me! I just checked out your blog....nice! Mary

Cindy said...

I love Jim! One of my all time favorites.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...