Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The sun is shining today...

And I am in a much better frame of mind! I managed to sneak in about a half hour of sewing before going to work and it did a body good! I managed to attach the skirt front and back to the bodice of the Chetta B part deux and I also cranked out the side seams as well. I think that was pretty good considering I had to change the Evolve from cover stitch to serging and change the thread. I love that air jet threading. Honestly, I never minded threading my serger because I learned to do it on a commercial machine and if you wasted time changing thread at Jantzen, you were losing money! It's just fun to push the button and Whoosh!!! there goes the thread! I accomplished a lot this morning. I went to the bank and transferred the money to the title company for our retirement property. That should be a done deal by weeks' end. I swept and mopped the kitchen floor and shampooed the carpets. I picked up some catnip spray for my Grandkitty Lola's stocking gift (it's okay, she doesn't read Grandma's blog) It was out in the sidewalk sale stuff for 99 cents. I was totally blown away when it first rang the actual price $9.99. Who pays ten bucks for catnip spray? Okay, who buys presents for their child's cat? You got a point! I must congratulate myself for just saying no to the patterns though. I had 3 or 4 in my hand for $1.00 a piece and I resisted! I am a big fan of Pattern Rescue though. If you have not been there, check it out!!! Anyway, looking forward to a day with my little man. Better rest up because he goes like the energizer bunny!!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

It sounds like you had a productive day! However, I wouldn't have passed up the $1 patterns ;) LOL.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...