Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nervous Energy...

I have been so amped preparing for our trip, I think I have over prepared.  The To-Do list is basicly done with the exception of minor little last minute details, i.e. charge the Ipod, throw the toothbrushes in, etc. I took both my Espire and Evolve in for maintenance, thinking that I wouldn't be jonesing for them while I was gone, and lo and behold the shop had them back to me in a week. I actually feel pretty good about that! My glasses that turned out to have horribly warped lenses were replaced stat (for no charge) and returned to me yesterday, well before we left. Also really happy about that because I thought my eyesight was really taking a turn for the worse until I realized there was something wrong with the glasses! Caron did a great job with my haircut and I could probably stand to color it, but I think I'm just going to let it go.  Tom thought I had gotten it colored..."No dear, that's just the grey coming out!" I guess grey is a color...
So to do something with my nervous energy I visited a couple garage sales yesterday and really scored!  The first garage sale I hit had been going on for a few weeks and I knew she had sewing stuff, but this is the final weekend and she advertised everything 50% off. I like the sound of that, so I picked up a big bag of laces and elastic for $3.00 and some fabric and other notions.  She had a Sew-Rite Pro electric rotary cutter that I looked at and passed, but when I got home I started thinking that I really needed it, so I went back.  It is a rechargeable cutter that she barely used and I got it for the paltry sum of $5.00! I nearly ran from the house like a bandit before she changed her mind! Charged it up and it cut through thick fleece like butter! It has a continuous self sharpener on it, so the blade should be good for a long time.  I can't wait to use it big time! At another yard sale I picked up more fabric for a quarter a piece...3 yards of a really nice white shirting, a natural linen piece and a really interesting celestial print that will make an absolute rocking lining for something.  I'm thinking either a jacket or bag (or both).  I also couldn't pass up some VHS movies, especially when they had a triple feature Chuck Norris video.  Who doesn't love Chuck Norris?  and Charles Bronson? Ultimate tough guys! Anyway, shopping helped discharge some of my nervous energy and now 3 shifts and a wakeup and we'll be on our way! We visited some friends and their 4 month old son last night...OMG what a little lovie! I got to hold him and put him to sleep (I have that effect on people)...makes me so excited to be holding our grandson soon! Pictures to follow...

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...