Monday, January 26, 2009

Blessed X 2

I feel so blessed to have been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger award again. Julia nominated me again. It's great to connect with other creative souls. Ain't blogging great???
And now I have a review of my most recent project Simplicity 2936. I'll have to wait until the weather warms up a bit to wear this blouse, but I really am pleased how it turned out. I used a narrow rolled hem to finish the ruffles. It gives a nice look...I will probably do that again sometime

Pattern Description: 6 made easy pattern-simple raglan sleeve blouse with collar and sleeve variations. Some of the versions have pintuck darts in the front and back for gentle shaping. The other two styles do not have darts for a looser fit.

Pattern Sizing:Sizes 8 through 16-I made a size 14 that was pretty true without alteration.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, very much so.

Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes. I made view F that has a ruffle around the collar and sleeves. I'm glad I looked at the instructions because the ruffle is actually part of the raglan sleeve seam. If I had just put it together without looking at the instructions I probably would have assumed the ruffle was added after the sleeve seams were sewn and then the pieces would not have matched.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I liked that it went together quick and easy. No problems with this pattern

Fabric Used:I made this out of a polyester that I picked up at the Mill End store. The print caught my eye and I though it would make a nice Spring/Summer blouse.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I made this blouse straight from the envelope without alteration

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I definitely will be making some more of these blouses; probably trying some of the different sleeve and collar variations.

Conclusion: This is a good basic top that sews quick. Great for when you feel the urge to stitch something up quick to wear tomorrow!

2 comments:

Summerset said...

Congrats to you! Very sweet top, too.

Kat said...

That looks so pretty!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...