Monday, June 23, 2008

Music Monday and My New Baby

Today I have decided not to highlight a single artist or group. Today I salute the radio station that I have been listening to for the last couple weeks. Usually I just go with the flow and listen to 98.7 KUPL, a country station that my Hunny prefers. I love country music, but once in awhile I like to mix it up and listen to lots of different genres. 97.1 Charlie FM fills that need. Their slogan is "We play everything" and they mean it. Saturday I was listening on the drive home from work and I heard Jerry Reed crooning "When You're Hot, You're Hot", followed by "Living La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin. Who would have thought of mixing those songs??? Me, of course!!! I'm listening right now...Motley Crue...."Girls, Girls, Girls"...let's see what comes up next...Oh Boy...it's Sugar Ray..."Every Morning"...Does Mark McGrath even rock anymore since he became Rico Suave TV Celebrity Reporter??? I miss his music. Now it's Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me"...now there's a classic..."Jungle Love"...Morris Day & the Time...can you say oh-wee-oh-wee-oh? Oh man...it's "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies...I remember when I got the 45 RPM off the cereal box...Man, I love this station!!! Now it's REM..."Man on the Moon"...one last song for the road...Thelma Houston..."Don't leave me this Way"...Wow!!! Satisfies the need in me!!! Hey Charlie! For those about to rock, WE SALUTE YOU!!!
In addition to Music Monday, I brought home a new baby today...when Tom scours Craigslist, he looks for auto parts and MAN things...I always search "Sewing" for whatever I can find. Saturday I found a Singer TouchTronic 2001 for $25.00 in our little burg of Estacada. This is one of the first electronic machines. The gal said it had been recently serviced, so I thought I would give it a look-see. I sat down to try it out and the tension was all screwy. She said "I don't know anything about tension"...a quick flick of the dial and I had it stitching with great tension. It had the manual included...always a good thing so I can figure out the little intricacys of this baby. It is able to do 1 thread chainstitching (no bobbin), but I think the chainstitch fitting is missing, so I am on the lookout for those accessories. I thought I might give it to one of my girls that want to learn to sew or upgrade Sara so Abby could have the Hello Kitty Machine (my last Singer find...who puts a Hello Kitty sticker on a magnificent machine???), but as my Hunny suggested, I think I will keep it for my beach house machine (when we find the perfect beach house!!!) Sorry Punkin...you can use her when you come to visit! Today the sun acted like it was going to shine, so I wore my Tutti Fruitti skirt to work...Tom took a picture which I will post later...I really like how it fits, but I need to take modeling lessons...I wore panty hose to work as I am still pretty pale since we live on the dark side of the moon...I want to know why pantyhose are so high waisted? I feel like Steve Urkel for heaven's sake. I am not short by any stretch of the imagination, but the waistband of panty hose always hit me right below the girls...I need to do something different. Enough for that rant! The mysteries of Life!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That'll be the perfect machine for your beach house!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...