Sunday, June 22, 2008

Work

Blah, blah, blah...working a double...no sewing today. It's actually a pretty boring day here at the doggy ranch...the class is about ready to graduate and they have all been pretty easy keepers. Just been finishing up preparations for the incoming class. I did do something kind of fun though. 20 years ago we were a foster family. We took in mostly toddlers, but were blessed with a special baby that we had for the first year of her life. Jess was a happy baby and her Mom was in the process of getting her life back together. Sara was thrilled to have "her baby sister". We were fortunate enough to be a part of that and ultimately they were reunited and went on with their lives. Mom finished college, in fact she was the one who gave me a kick in the pants to go back to school and become an RN...they moved back East to be closer to family and over the years we lost touch. Anyway, I did some searching on myspace and I believe I may have found them! I don't know if she will want to have contact with us, or maybe she will think I am just some crazy ol' lady, but I am hopeful that we can reconnect. God bless the internet!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...