Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday

I did my part to stimulate the economy! I was blessed to chat with my darling daughter last night before retiring and again this morning when I arose.  While we were discussing such important topics as Jacob's well developed biceps and renaming the pets (meet Yappy McGraybutt), I was perusing the cyber Monday ads.  I avoided Fabric Mart and some of the other embroidery sites, but Shopper's Rule had a deal that I simply could not resist.  Machine embroidery takes a lot of thread to do detailed designs and while I try to replace colors as I use them, the complete set of Polystar thread I receive for my birthday 3 years ago is starting to dwindle.  Shopper's Rule is an interesting site that has regular email sales and they have a feature where you can make offers on products.  I don't think I have ever taken advantage of that, but I have bought various things over the years.  I bought my favorite duck bill applique scissors for under $6.00 and bought rolls and rolls of H20 gone for making FSL.  Today's sale was just what I'd been watching for...Robison Anton mini-king spool set of 100 for $53.86!!!  This set normally sells for $299.00!!! I jumped right on that! RA is about the best you can buy for embroidery and my machine loves it!!!  I also have some designs I would like to pick up at Urban Threads, but that sale goes on til Christmas, so there is no rush. So what bargains did you all find this weekend?

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...