Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Long and Winding Road

That leads back home...these double shifts kick my butt, but I sure enjoy 3 days off a week! I did manage to sneak some sewing related shopping in on my lunch break.  JoAnn's had McCall's patterns on sale for $1.99, so I picked up M5932.  I have a couple Missoni type knits that are screaming tunic to me.  It must be the year of the tunic because I find myself gravitating to that look.  My friend Erin had the cutest long sweatshirt on...she said it was billed as a dress...NOT!!! I managed to finish up the Purell cases last night, at least enough to fill with the sanitizer I had on hand.  Some of the students expressed an interest in having one, so I may need to do some more.  The Christmas boxes to the kids went out yesterday, so virtually I am done with Christmas creating (famous last words).  In unrelated news, while I was sewing last night I heard on GAC that George Strait was going on tour with Reba...sweet!!!  Gentleman George is on my Must.See.Before.I.Die list and glory be...he's coming to the Rose Garden on March 26...We are soooo there!  Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think that pattern will be great with a missioni-style knit. I can't wait to see what you make! Sorry to hear that double shifts have you down, my dad has always worked those wild kind of hours...one week of midnights, one week of days, one week of afternoons, but then comes the one week off and he just goes crazy!

Ann Made Studio said...

That is a nice cardigan style.

Unknown said...

Wow! I got mentioned on your Blog, and so did my favorite sweatshirt, which American Apparel really did sell as a dress.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...