Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pleasant Valley Sunday...

Okay, all you Monkees fans...I know you've got that song stuck in your head now! Just a little shout out to my peeps. I have been busy, although I have not been photo journaling all my projects, which I know is not as interesting a blog read but is what it is right now. My photographer is off on another hunting trip (elk this time), so I may resort to dressing Valentine up and taking pictures. I've tried the mirror thing and frankly the pictures don't turn out. I can photograph Jo in his devil costume though, which I need to do for Mary over at Pattern Rescue, since that pet costume pattern came from there! As it stands, I have finished one dress and one skirt from last Sunday's cut-a-thon; another dress is halfway...I have hemmed pants, did lots of embroidery and other asundry projects. I need to search for my Babylock EMP6 book just because it is not where I usually keep it and this makes me crazy. I had to go online to find instructions to recalibrate the hoops as the alignment was off. Not that the book would have told me how to do it, but by the grace of God and the internet, this information is readily available. Saved a trip to the shop, which is a good thing. Anywho, I am busy with Christmas sewing and one of my daughter's friends wants to commission me to make her wedding dress for April. She is getting married in a hot air balloon, so this should be interesting figuring out something for that! I'm thinking something with a shrug or capelet. It's gonna be cold up there! Gotta love a challenge!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...