Sunday, April 12, 2009

Slow Start...

I am in the mood to sew, but it seems like I'm dragging my feet. I entered the PR contest One Fabric: Knits and have a couple different fabrics in mind to work up...a gorgeous buttery soft rayon jersey knit from Gorgeous Fabrics in a zebra print or a black red and white print from Trendy Fabrics. I perused a couple of boxes of patterns and have a couple picked out, but have no made a definitive selection. I really need to get serious, as I will be losing about a week of sewing since we are heading East again to work on the property. Oh well, I seem to work better with a deadline! I am trying to recover all the embroidery designs that disappeared with the external hard drive death! Luckily the important things are backed up, but I have collected random freebies and an awesome alphabet that I think are lost. The alphabet was quite an accomplishment because it was one of those that if you missed an installment you were SOL. I think it was the first one I didn't miss a letter! Gotta laugh!!! The rain is falling and I have a headache...bed sounds really inviting right now!!!

3 comments:

gwensews said...

Sorry you lost some embroidery designs. I'm determined not to lose anything again, and have a little back up hooked to my laptop all the time.

Good luck with the contest. Make something incredible!

Maryissewfast said...

That's what I had...my external WAS my back up and then it all went south! It's disks for me (and lots of them) from now on!!!

Kat said...

Oh, how that stinks, Mary! I hope you can get everything back. Computers are definitely a love/hate relationship.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...