Friday, September 18, 2009

AWOL

That's what I've been...AWOL!!! It's been a crazy few weeks. My baby now lives in England. I am adjusting to the time difference and try to catch them when I can. They are busy getting settled with a house and a car, not to mention their new life! We have taken a couple of trips to visit family on the days we weren't working. I spent a perfect "girl" day with my friends down in Coos Bay, which reminded me of the importance of nurturing friendships...as the nursery song goes..."Make new friends,but keep the old...one is silver and the other's gold". I am aching to get some sewing done, but there hasn't been any block of time to get any reportable progress. Sunday is an unscheduled day and with Tom at work I plan to sew. I did find an unloved Singer Merritt 4530 at the Goodwill in North Bend for $10.00. I thought it odd it was so cheap, but I figured whatever the problem, I could figure it out. It came with the book and a bag of bobbins. I also found a Singer buttonholer for $1.99, which was good because the one I bought off ebay never came and it appears that the sale was a fraud! What kind of person would defraud a person of a sewing attachment??? Blasphemy!!! :) Anyway, when I got the opportunity to sit down with the machine, the needle thread seemed to get wrapped around the bobbin. Looking at the bobbin, it appeared that it was too high in the race. I went up to the magic sewing box and brought down a bobbin that appeared more like the one illustrated in the book...voila!!! Now it sews great!!! I need to clean it up and oil it so I can take it down to my niece who wants to learn to sew. That will be fun! It's late, so I better start the bedtime routine so I can get to bed soon...work early in the morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's nothing wrong with it? What a lucky find!

laura said...

Driving a car in England is something I'll never try. Being a passenger is confusing enough!
How long will they be there and are you going to get to visit? I loved London and I was only there for 4 hours!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...