Saturday, September 5, 2009

The White Jacket is Done!

Well, technically. I am still on the hunt for the perfect buttons and need to put the buttonholes in, but that's quick and easy. I set the sleeves, sewed the lining, sewed in the lining, finishing with hand sewing the lining at the sleeve head. I lost the last page of instructions (it's in the studio somewhere...I just didn't want to waste time searching for it), but once you are familiar with garment construction, a basic task like that is not a stretch. Let me just say that I am very happy with the results! Sorry I didn't finish it sooner! It fits well and I can see wearing it alot. Such a shame you're not supposed to wear white after Labor day! When has a rule ever stopped me?

1 comment:

Myra said...

I think the no white after Labor Day really means shoes/purses, that's what we always went by. Pants maybe, too. But to me a jacket can fly as long as it's moderate or warm weather.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...