Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sugar and Spice...

That's what little girl's dresses are made of! I finished this little Care Bear dress last night for Chloe's birthday. I love sewing for little ones. It is just a simple design, but when you decide to make something at the eleventh hour, fancy smocking just ain't gonna happen! Here is the front:
And the back:
Check out the cute little button I had in my stash...PERFECT!

This afternoon is the birthday party, so probably now sewing til later tonight. Tom is on a double, so you know what that means...sew all night!!! The clouds and rain actually rolled back in yesterday...most likely the result of me bragging about our one day of sun! We visited a few garage sales yesterday morning and got a few treasures.  Tom found some "man things" and I picked up a brand new pair of Danskos for a buck! I nearly did a cartwheel when the gal told me all the shoes were $1.00! Tom got a nice Stearns life jacket for $5.00 (bargained down from $8.00) All in all it was a good day!

4 comments:

lakaribane said...

Did I love Care Bears as a kid or what? So I was already biased.

But the button, the perfectly matching button cinched it! Total cuteness!

KID, MD said...

Oh my gosh, that fabric is adorable!! You totally didn't need anything fancy for this dress. It's perfect! That button - amazing. That is going to be one happy birthday girl!

Kathy said...

so adorable...don't you just love when you find a button to match!!

michal said...

This is one adorable little dress :-)

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...