Friday, June 25, 2010

The Sun has Returned...

To the Pacific Northwest! I had almost given up hope, but yesterday she shone bright in the sky...so bright that I was lured from my sewing studio to work outside in the yard.  My dear husband stayed home sick from work and was napping in the recliner, so I went out and removed the rest of the sidewalk we are replacing in front on the flowerbed. I actually got sweaty and uncomfortably HOT!  There was no complaints though, because this is what we've been waiting for. It's still a little overcast this morning, but it's early yet so hope remains eternal for today.  Maybe we can head to Home Depot and get the blocks for this project!  I do need to sew a bit...special project for a special girl who is turning 1 this weekend!  I bought her the cutest doll (she giggles), but Aunt Mary sews things, right? I also have the most beautiful pale ice blue bridesmaid dress to shorten (you look amazing in it Su Young!!!). I only wish I could look that good! Oh well, best get at the day because time is limited...Love to all!

2 comments:

gMarie said...

sounds like a fun day for you. Yesterday was lovely here as well - drove around with the top down and the tunes blaring the visiting child in the car, today she is leaving and it's raining. :( g

Julia said...

We've had nothing but sun and heat along with it. But, that's about to change in a few days.
Have fun with your sewing for the 1 year old!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...