Monday, June 21, 2010

Vintage Pattern HeyDay!

Today I took a "sick day" to take care of my annual mammogram.  I rarely use sick time because thankfully I am rarely sick enough to warrant not going to work and since we are such a small office it really creates a hardship taking sick time for something I could schedule on my time.  This week however we are without students and since I used my own time to do another unpleasant screening exam lately, I went ahead and scheduled the mammo for today.  Since no good deed should go unrewarded, I stopped at a few thrift shops on my way home.  I totally am burned out with Goodwill.  The prices are higher than any of the other thrift stores around and truly the selection of goods has declined.  I was also disappointed to see that this particular store had done away with their VHS tapes (something I collect), so I left there empty handed.  I stopped at Salvation Army as well since it was on the way, but also walked away with nothing.  I almost didn't stop at the little op shop in town, but I like to visit with the gal that works in there and I hadn't been in awhile, so I stopped.  BINGO!!! All their sewing patterns are free, so look at the vintage bounty I came away with today.  I even got a huge package of tracing paper for free!

Here are some closeups of some of the treasures

Isn't that suit jacket way cool?  And I adore the slips! I also scored some yardage. $1.50 for the brown silk that is destined to be a tunic and the pink and grey georgette will be a vintage blouse.

 Angie at Quality Time made this blouse.  I am thinking of doing View 2 (the pink one in the upper righthand corner).  I heart vintage!
Lunch is over and I guess I better get some work done before it's time to head to the fire house.  Hope you all are having a pleasant Monday!

8 comments:

KID, MD said...

Wow!! Amazing haul! And FREE! Wow!

Myra said...

And great sizes, too. I have that blouse pattern in that size and have it pinned to fabric to cut out, that's as far as I got last week...

Michelle said...

Oh, wow! I love that first one with the interesting buttons. Gorgeous!

Linda L said...

Wow! I love that suit pattern. What an interesting jacket. Lucky you.

Sharon Sews said...

j-e-a-l-o-u-s! Lucky finds - they're wonderful. And I love that suit jacket too.

Unknown said...

the prints and designs on your site are really very good and the theme matches that of your blog too. a very good effort!!

gMarie said...

What a great haul. email me about VHS tapes - anything particular you are looking for? I'm about ready to dump mine. g

Kathy said...

awesome!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...