Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If it's Not One Thing...

It's another...I'm happy to report the check engine light spontaneously went off yesterday! Yay!!! I think it may have been the gas cap. It seemed loose and I tightened past the click. From what I've read, it sometimes takes driving a bit for the light to turn off. I was so happy about that. I ran my errands, visited my favorite thrift store and came home to start some laundry and sew! Second load in the washer stopped mid cycle. Weird. Started it back up again...did the same thing...right before the drain and spin cycle. Drats! Fished the clothes out of the water and took them to be rewashed.  Looks like a new washer is in our future!  I finished the top I was working on last night.  I took my time with the buttonholes and I am extremely happy with the fit and how it turned out.  The plaid even matches up! This will be a TNT shirt pattern for me for sure.  I also completed a repair job that I didn't know I had until late last night.  A tow strap was hanging on my front porch railing and I thought Tom had left it there for whatever reason.  Nope...a friend had left it there to be repaired, so I knocked that out last night while watching Dancing with the Stars.  I'm solidly in the Jennifer Grey camp...sentimental I know, but nobody puts Baby in the corner!

1 comment:

Taki J said...

I know how this goes. I thought I had escaped something only to find out my car battery is no good and I needed a new one. Oh well. That's life.

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...