Sunday, September 27, 2009
Thank you Trudy!
I have been honored with the Creative Blogger Award by Trudy of Sewing with Trudy. Thanks Trudy! Honestly I feel like I have not had much creativity lately. I did spend some time with the embroidery machine the other day and that felt wonderful. I have lots of other projects swirling around in my head...hopefully soon I will commit them to fabric. I decided that it was time to update my blogs look. I guess I do have a little creative energy going. Okay! On to the rules of the award: The "RULES" of this award are that I am to 1) tell you seven things that you don't already know about me and 2)name seven other blogs to receive this award. I'm going to start with number 2 (because I like being bass-ackward sometimes!) I am not going to name just seven blogs because there are so many blogs I love to follow that I can't narrow it down to just 7. Soooo...if you are reading this, you are most likely one of my peeps and this award goes to you because you inspire me daily with your creativity. Do with it what you will...display it, share it, fly it up the flag pole...the options are limitless because that's what creative people do...we create...so go wild! Here are seven facts you probably did not know about me (or probably care to know!!!)
1. I was obese as a child...yeah, I was the fat girl, which later turned into the anorexic girl, before they really put a label on it. I struggled with my body image for years and still when anxiety creeps in I tend to not eat. I am a healthy weight now (at the upper end of the scale for my height), but the "fat girl" still lives inside me.
2. I prefer thrift shops to regular retail stores. Call it the bargain hunter in my, the recycler, whatever...I believe that too many things are cast off that still have value and I would much rather reuse than contribute to the waste.
3. I used to run sled dogs...dogs are a prominent theme in my life.
4. I didn't set out to become a nurse. One of my earliest jobs out of high school was a CNA...hated that job and vowed I would never do that again...HA! Seems nursing was one of my best aptitudes. Life sure is funny that way!
5. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the change in the weather, the colors of the leaves and all the things Autumn...fresh apple cider, hunting season, making hearty soups, Halloween and Thanksgiving!
6. I'm a little bit country AND a little bit rock and roll!
7. As a young girl I had a crush on Kevin Tighe of the television show "Emergency". No wonder I married a Fireman!!! :)
So there you have it folks...seven useless rarely heard facts about me! Have a pleasant Sunday!!!