Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mmmm...Good!!!

Not Campbell's soup, but Uncle Tom's sausage! I helped Tom stuff casings this morning so he could smoke his latest batch of elk sausage. He put a jar of minced garlic in this batch and we added some grated cheddar cheese to the last links we filled. There always is a little meat left in the stuffing tube so I fried it up in patties and we had it with eggs for breakfast...Mmmmm! He is smoking it now, so I should get to taste the new batch for dessert tonight! We had a fairly quiet VD dinner last night. We watched "No Country for Old Men", which was a total antithesis of a romance movie. What can I say...we're weird?!!! The movie was totally gruesome and ended in the strangest way. It left me saying "Huh??? What's the point...the deeper meaning???" Guess there wasn't one! I have been crocheting on the baby blanket, but no sewing lately. The good news is that my vacation has been approved for the PR weekend...Yahoo!!! This will be fun. I am sew there!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since we're meeting up on Tuesday, you should slip some sausage in your purse for me. That would be awesome. :)

Maryissewfast said...

If I can slip it past your Pa I will...LOL!!! You know he can sniff those things out! Love ya! Mom

Kat said...

Definitely sounds delicious, Mary!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he might not see you do it but unfortunately the man has the nose of a bloodhound when it comes to things like sausage and jerky. :)

Maryissewfast said...

Have you tried your sausage yet??? Love, Mom

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...