Monday, February 2, 2009

New blog on the block...

There is a new blog I'm following. Just want to give a shout out to my little (big) girl who started her blog Just the Kitty And I today. Click on over and say "Hi"! No sewing today...just housework before heading to work. I shampooed the living room carpet as my little man Hayden is coming to visit on Wednesday. I don't see him as often as I used to and so I'm really excited to have the honor of watching him while his parents go find out if he is going to have a little brother or sister. I also downloaded some free songs from Amazon.com. They have a "deal of the day" where they sell an album for a ridiculously low price. I haven't bought any yet, but I go check it out most days. I got a free Uncle Ted (Nugent) song and a country song by Steve Martin that I rather like. I also downloaded a jazz sampler and some music from a local artist Sharon Jones and the Daptones. She was featured on the local news magazine a few nights ago and she really is good. Love my music! I still have the BWOF dress on Valentine. It should be a pretty quick project to finish once I get to it. I scored some great patterns this week at Pattern Rescue so I will be starting some of those projects as well. Speaking of BWOF, I was disappointed when I checked the mail and February's issue was not there. Last month it came early on the 29th because my hunny went and got the mail after my surgery. I'm sure it will come soon...I just am yearning for a nice relaxing dream session with the new issue. Patience is a virtue.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the name of her blog. I am such a cat person.

Maryissewfast said...

Lolapops is a very special kitty. They adopted her from a rescue and the poor kid had been pimped out at an early age (meaning she had gotten pregnant too soon and had a litter of kittens before she was rescued) She is very skittish around strangers but has come a long way with the loving care she has gotten. I heart my grandkitty!!!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...