Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Sun is Shining...

Look quick before the rain comes back or shudder...snow! They are predicting that we may have a repeat performance of snow tomorrow, but I prefer to wait until then. Live in the moment and enjoy the sun!
Last night we had a nice tapas potluck in honor of Bryce, who is leaving for Air Force boot camp on Tuesday. I noticed he has been working out...looks like his biceps are bigger (way to go Bryce). It was fun to get together with Bryce's parents and brothers et al. Sorry the night had to end around 9:30, but some of us had to go to work. The kids are spending their last weekend for awhile together so I won't call and bug them (like Sara would answer the phone...they have strict rules about that!)
Tom is on duty today so that means I can get some power sewing done. I finished the dress I was working on and am slowly putting together the Tippi Hedron dress. I really like the fabric and want it to be perfect!!! Here we go again! I have a simple skirt cut out that should zip together quickly, so I probably will spend sometime with the cutting table tonight. I also want to get some crochet projects started. I have some nice rose variegated yarn in the stash that should make a nice afghan for the trailer. I just can't sit and watch TV. I find I have to have something to do with my hands. I also have a couple of crochet books from the library with some cute sweaters. Sew much to do...Sew little time!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...