Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hot off the press


Here is proof that I really do wear what I make.  This is the wool skirt I just finished, paired with a T-shirt I modified from the Jalie sweetheart top.  The skirt is Simplicity 2605 view E, made with a wool plaid I picked up at the op shop for 50 cents and lined with a mystery fabric off the lining shelf.  I am really happy with how it turned out and it is nice and warm on this cold March day. You can see in the corner that Jo wanted to be included in the photo.  Here is how he usually looks at work...bored stiff!!!

5 comments:

Julia said...

Wow you look so nice and professional!!!

gwensews said...

Very nice! And really, where would you find a perfect skirt for 50 cents?

Summerset said...

Lovely outfit and you can't beat that price! Wool plaid is the best when the weather is cold and damp.

Michelle said...

Great outfit!

Donna said...

Cute skirt Mary! You couldn't wear it much wear I live. It's already time for air conditioning in Houston! Your dog is darling!

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...