Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What music moves you???

As I train for my first half marathon, I have started thinking about the mix I want in my ipod for the race.  I know there are mixed schools of thought on the use of mp3 players while you run and my compromise is one earbud in and one out, so I can talk to Sara or hear the bus if it's coming at me.  I'm not too worried about the bus at an organized event, but you never know...doesn't hurt to be cautious! I have very random taste in music...can't think of much I won't listen to, except maybe really graphic stupid rap music. I definitely am taking Lady Gaga along for the ride, and my man Trace...3EB and Journey will be in the mix for sure, but I'm curious dear Readers...what music makes you want to get up and move?  If I include your songs in the mix you can be sure I will think of you and smile when your number is up!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so envious that you can train with music. I can't run with music at all. Even at the gym I get irritated at the awful noise playing all the time. It just makes me lose focus.

Kathy said...

I LOVE to exercise to music...there's no other way to get me motivated. I'm all over the place. Love old rock songs, Bad Co., Creedence Clearwater.. some rap songs (eminem believe it or not), old 80s mixes....Thriller by Michael Jackson that's mixed...

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...