Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Favorite Sundress

I finished the sundress last night. Sewing was a nice distraction as my Father passed away yesterday and I really didn't know what to do with myself. Of course sewing will be put on hold as we prepare to say goodbye this week, but I will try to squeeze out some sew time when I can because it is therapeutic for me. Of course this dress will sit in the closet for sunnier weather, but it will be nice when summer comes. The pattern is Simplicity 6408, circa early 80's. I made this in a white floral print when Sara was a toddler and I wore the dress forever. I'm utterly amazed that I still wear the same size. The skirt is full...cut on the bias with a few gathers around the hip. The directions are a little funky, so I put it together my way. Sometimes you have to think differently to get a better finished project.

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...