Sunday, December 9, 2007

Progress...

I thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on Christmas sewing...I mastered the in-the-hoop toothbrush holder, which takes about 4 minutes to stitch out on the embroidery machine. I finished one before heading to work, but put together all the fabric pieces and ribbon to do the other 4 tomorrow morning. 4 more sweatshirts for our ranch kids and then of course the IAFF sweatshirts for the guys, and then Jason's jacket...then my boss asks "do you have time for another project in the next couple days?" I thought I had things under control, but once I listed them out, things seem a little overwhelming!!! Thank goodness I have 3 days off this week! I sent off a package to my friend Emma from ATW. Christmas is about caring and helping one another. Emma is always helping someone, so it only seems right to help her when her family is in need. Tom finished putting together the computer armoire from IKEA today. It is very beautiful in the family room...I like it. Tomorrow I will finish putting away all the stuff we cleaned out of the old computer desk. Feels good to purge and organize. Maybe one day there will be hope for the sewing studio! (Don't hold your breath!) Yesterday was our anniversary and Tom made a fabulous dinner. Butternut ginger cream soup, Teriyaki-orange marinated tuna on the barbie, his famous foccacia, roasted parmesan asparagus (my contribution) and a great salad. I also made a chocolate peanut butter chip cream cheese bar for dessert. The kids joined us to round out the celebration...a good time was had by all. We played with the pets after dinner...the furbabies always seem to take center stage. On a sewing note, I am anxiously awaiting my package from Fabric Mart, to create with some new fabric!!! Wah-hoo!!!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...