Sunday, December 2, 2007

Tired of Sewing????




Not!!! Well, I was for about 30 seconds, but I feel the creative energy starting to well back up. Sara and I had a marathon sewing session yesterday that went deep into the dark night. I was getting so tired considering I had arose at 4:45 that morning to go to work, but the cause was so great and the company greater that I kept on stitching. We finished a number of projects for the folks at the care facility and I learned a little more about how this project came to be. Apparently a couple years ago a co-worker in Sara's office suggested adopting some of the people in the facility that her Mother lived in that had no family. The staff would try to buy gifts for these folks and brighten their holiday, but there was a tremendous need. I am so proud of Sara's generous spirit and it was fun to work together...all I can say is F-A-A-A-A-R-TTT!!! We finished about 11:30 and the studio looks like a bomb went off in it. I'm not even going to worry about it...tomorrow I will give the machines a good cleaning and start organizing as I work on the rest of my Christmas gifts...sweatshirts, etc...the EMP6 will get a well deserved visit to the spa for a wellness check and cleaning while Tom and I take a mini holiday after the new year. I'm not sure where we will go, but it will be fun where ever we choose to roam! After the holidays I plan to start working on my spring wardrobe...maybe if I get an early start I can get some things done for the actual season!!!

No comments:

Project Dress a Girl

For the past couple of years, I have made dresses for Project Dress a Girl Around the World, in part thanks to the campaign launched by Mari...